Become an Offers and Needs Market Facilitator
Since 2011, we have been facilitating and refining the Offers and Needs Market (OANM): a two-hour, guided process in which community members meet (virtually or in-person) to identify and exchange their passions, knowledge, skills, resources, opportunities, and needs. Participants gain confidence and immediately applicable techniques that almost always improve both their personal and professional skills. Many continue on to our Advanced Facilitator Training and through our certification program.
Offers and Needs Market Facilitator Training
Tuesdays, September 12, 19, 26, and October 3 & 10, 2023.
From 10 AM – Noon PDT / 17:00 – 19:00 UTC. Convert the start time to yours here.
This 18-hour virtual training will show you how to:
- Facilitate inclusive meetings where you are relaxed and in-control.
- Energize your life with new leadership skills that bring forth the best in others.
- Feel valued as a community facilitator, with a marketable process that can generate income.
Join the Waitlist for the 2024 Cohort!
To request to be added to the waitlist, contact us:
About the Training
Live Offers and Needs Market
We will begin with a live 2-hour Offers and Needs Market via Zoom exclusively for your group.
Module 1: Bring the OANM to Life
- Discover a liberating lens through which to view our individual gifts.
- Explore what’s beyond Maslow’s hierarchy of needs.
- Deepen your understanding of human motivation and its role in effective facilitation.
Module 2: Facilitating the OANM
- 10 steps to running an Offers and Needs Market.
- Engaging your audiences’ hearts and minds in the first 5 minutes.
- Harnessing the power of silence and the Market’s other 12 design features.
- Gain confidence in convening inclusive, focused events.
- Add a ready-to-use process and templates to your facilitator toolkit.
Module 3: Planning your OANM
- Instructions for organizing an in-person or virtual Offers and Needs Market.
- Adapting the Market for different settings and audiences.
- Pitching the Market to prospective participants.
- Discover the rush of creative potential that lies beyond our fear of breaking the rules.
- Feel ready to organize your first Offers and Needs Market.
Module 4: Thriving as an OANM Facilitator
- How the ‘lean observer’ approach accelerates facilitator learning.
- Designing surveys to measure impact.
- Funders, clients, and professional Offers and Needs Market facilitation.
- Gain clarity on how to meet the real needs of any audience.
- Understand pathways to becoming a paid Offers and Needs Market facilitator.
This Program Includes
1. Live Sessions and Recordings:
- Four 2-hour pre-recorded training videos
- Four 2-hour live sessions with your cohort
2. An OANM Experience:
- An exclusive 2-hour Offers and Needs Market experience as participant
3. Materials and Resources:
- Customizable toolkit that includes templates of the facilitation plan, survey, marketing materials, and more
- Everything you need to successfully run your first Offers and Needs Market
4. Ongoing Facilitator Community Nourishment:
- Exclusive access to our supportive learning community including Jam Sessions and our social media groups
Crystal is the founder of Money-Morphosis and two online webinar courses. After graduating from Southern Oregon University in 2007 with a degree in international economics, she has designed and facilitated workshops, community events, and discussion panels about money. She has inspired hundreds of people to have a healthier relationship with money. Her courses serve to illuminate the individual’s relationship with money and value. As a financial coach, she encourages people to live their potential. Her written work has appeared in journals, magazines, and in the book called Reinhabiting the Village. She lives in Oregon with her husband and two children.
Mike is a writer, urban cyclist, facilitator, and solidarity economy organizer with the Kola Nut Collaborative: Chicago’s only time-based service and skills exchange (otherwise known as a timebank) providing an open platform for mutual aid, community organizing, and network weaving. He is a past participant in Nexus Community Partners’ Cooperative Developer Fellowship and LIFT Economy’s Next Economy MBA. He participated in Post Growth Institute’s Fellowship and AORTA’s (Anti-Oppression Resource & Training Alliance) Headwaters Facilitation Apprenticeship. He is a Program Manager at Open Collective Foundation and serves on the boards of the US Solidarity Economy Network, New Economy Coalition, South Deering Manor Community Association, and Dill Pickle Food Co-op.
Priyanka is a fellow of iHeartRadio’s NextUP Initiative, and is creating a podcast that takes a deep dive into the ethical implications of information sharing and its bolstering of the surveillance state. She was invited into the PGI’s Offers and Needs Market Circle after completing the Facilitation Training as part of the Kola Nut Collaborative. A passionate community organizer, Priyanka has a background in the international nonprofit space. She is based in Chicago, having immigrated from northeast India as a child. In her rest time, she likes to vibe on the couch, go on adventures with her dog, catch up with friends and family, find inspiration, read, write, travel, and connect with others.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the OANM and how do I experience one?
The Offers and Needs Market (OANM): a two-hour, guided process in which community members meet (virtually or in-person) to identify and exchange their passions, knowledge, skills, resources, opportunities, and needs.
People are amazed and the connections with interesting people that happen at the Post Growth Institute’s monthly public OANMs, register here. The events will always be offered for free, with a ‘pay what you want’ option for those who would like to contribute in this way.
Who is the Post Growth Institute?
The Post Growth Institute (PGI) is an international, not-for-profit organization accelerating the shift to a world where people, companies, and nature thrive together within ecological limits. Visit us here.
Over more than a decade the PGI has developed and refined the Offers and Needs Market. Donnie Macluran was joined by Crystal Arnold five years ago, and their team has since grown to include ten people in six countries.
In 2020, the PGI began a training and certification program for facilitators.
What platform and Internet connection do I need?
We will be broadcasting through Zoom. You can access the live sessions through your phone, computer, or tablet. If you want to participate, we recommended you be in a quiet place with a stable internet connection.
How much time do I need to complete the course?
You will have lifetime access to the course. We estimate the total time to complete will be 18 hours. This includes 8 hours of video training, 8 hours of live coaching sessions, a 2-hour OANM with your cohort, and a workbook.
What's the minimum age to take this training?
You must be 18 or older to register for this course. Though we acknowledge that young people are great facilitators, we are not able to offer training for minors at this time.
What if I can't attend all sessions, and how long do I have access to the course?
The coaching sessions will be presented live via Zoom. You will have unlimited access to all of the recordings.
I have more questions. Who do I contact?
Send Crystal an email using the contact form.