Advanced Facilitator Training
This training is for anyone who has come through our basic training who’s seeking more opportunities for feedback and conversation, advice for dealing with curveballs, and ideas for adapting the process to your unique audience. We are excited to provide this, and much more with our training that begins in November.
Facilitated by Crystal Arnold and Mike Strode, this training consists of five weekly 2-hour Zoom sessions, beginning Tuesday, November 7 at from 10 AM – Noon Pacific Time.
Module 1: Deep Co-learning
- Get to know your buddy
- Explore the art of debriefing
- Understand the stages of facilitation
Module 2: Grounded Presenting
- Develop your emotional capacity
- Hold safe spaces virtually & in-person
- Strengthen confidence as you connect with yourself
Module 3: Subtle Leading
- Learn & practice specific techniques
- Sense and know the needs of your audience
- Focus the energy of a group
Module 4: Adaptive Facilitation
- Flow within the structure of constraints
- Practice playful interventions to get on back on track
- Integrate your learning
How You Will Benefit from this Training
- Integrate and adapt feedback from your events
- Refine your ability to facilitate inclusive meetings
- Improvise in order to navigate unexpected curveballs
- Develop cultural agility with community leaders from around the world
Advanced Facilitator Training
This 10-hour virtual training will show you how to:
- Facilitate inclusive meetings where you are relaxed and in-control.
- Energize your life with new leadership skills that bring forth the best in others.
- Feel valued as a community facilitator, with a marketable process that can generate income.
Crystal is the founder of Money-Morphosis and two online webinar courses. After graduating from Southern Oregon University in 2007 with a degree in international economics, she has designed and facilitated workshops, community events, and discussion panels about money. She has inspired hundreds of people to have a healthier relationship with money. Her courses serve to illuminate the individual’s relationship with money and value. As a financial coach, she encourages people to live their potential. Her written work has appeared in journals, magazines, and in the book called Reinhabiting the Village. She lives in Oregon with her husband and two children.
Mike is a writer, urban cyclist, facilitator, and solidarity economy organizer with the Kola Nut Collaborative: Chicago’s only time-based service and skills exchange (otherwise known as a timebank) providing an open platform for mutual aid, community organizing, and network weaving. He is a past participant in Nexus Community Partners’ Cooperative Developer Fellowship and LIFT Economy’s Next Economy MBA. He is currently a member of the inaugural cohorts of Post Growth Institute’s Fellowship and AORTA’s (Anti-Oppression Resource & Training Alliance) Headwaters Facilitation Apprenticeship.He is a Program Manager at Open Collective Foundation and serves on the boards of the US Solidarity Economy Network, New Economy Coalition, South Deering Manor Community Association, and Dill Pickle Food Co-op.