Become an Offers and Needs Market Facilitator
Since 2011, a handful of community development practitioners have been facilitating and refining the OANM process. Now, they're bringing the process to conscious practitioners through the foundational Offers and Needs Market Facilitator Training and the subsequent Advanced Facilitator Training.
The Offers and Needs Market Facilitator Journey
This training journey aims to develop skills around asset-based community facilitation, inclusive design, and impact evaluation.
Through this community of practice, facilitators build their capacity for empathic leadership by considering the needs of diverse audiences. They use these approaches to infuse trust, generosity, and vulnerability into the culture of their organizations and communities.
SEPT 2022 OFFERS AND NEEDS MARKET FACILITATOR TRAINING
This 18-hour virtual training will show you how to:
- Facilitate inclusive meetings where you are relaxed and in-control.
- Energize your life with new leadership skills that bring forth the best in others.
- Feel valued as a community facilitator, with a marketable process that can generate income.
Live Offers and Needs Market
We will begin with a live 2-hour Offers and Needs Market via Zoom exclusively for your group.
Module 1: Bring the OANM to Life
- Discover a liberating lens through which to view our individual gifts.
- Explore what's beyond Maslow’s hierarchy of needs.
- Deepen your understanding of human motivation and its role in effective facilitation.
Module 2: Facilitating the OANM
- 10 steps to running an Offers and Needs Market.
- Engaging your audiences’ hearts and minds in the first 5 minutes.
- Harnessing the power of silence and the Market’s 11 other design features.
- Gain confidence in convening inclusive, focused events (with guests Bronagh Gallagher and Layla-Roxanne Hill).
- Add a ready-to-use process and templates to your facilitator toolkit.
Module 3: Planning your OANM
- Instructions for organizing an in-person or virtual Offers and Needs Market.
- Adapting the Market for different settings and audiences (with guest Vanessa Michael).
- Pitching the Market to prospective participants.
- Discover the rush of creative potential that lies beyond our fear of breaking the rules.
- Feel ready to organize your first Offers and Needs Market.
Module 4: Thriving as an OANM Facilitator
- How the ‘lean observer’ approach accelerates facilitator learning.
- Designing surveys to measure impact.
- Funders, clients, and professional Offers and Needs Market facilitation (with guest Tannur Ali).
- Gain clarity on how to meet the real needs of any audience.
- Understand pathways to becoming a paid Offers and Needs Market facilitator.
This Program Includes
1. Live Sessions and Recordings:
- Four 2-hour training videos
- Four 2-hour live coaching sessions with your cohort
2. An OANM Experience:
- An exclusive 2-hour Offers and Needs Market experience as participant.
3. Materials and Resources:
- Customizable toolkit that includes templates of the facilitation plan, survey, marketing materials, and more
- Everything you need to successfully run your first Offers and Needs Market
4. Ongoing Facilitator Community Nourishment:
- Exclusive access to our supportive learning community including Jam Sessions and our social media groups.
Crystal is a facilitator, podcaster, and author. Since graduating from Southern Oregon University in 2007 with a degree in international economics, she has designed and facilitated workshops, community events, and discussion panels about money, and continues to do so in her role as Educational Director with the Post Growth Institute.
With groups large and small, Crystal has been facilitating the Offers and Needs Market since 2017. She particularly loves sparking conversations about the taboo topic of money. In 2016, she began the “Money-Wise Women” podcast, and has interviewed over 100 women on the show.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I can't attend all sessions, and how long do I have access to the course?
Who is the Post Growth Institute?
The Post Growth Institute (PGI) is an international, not-for-profit organization accelerating the shift to a world where people, companies, and nature thrive together within ecological limits. Visit us here.
Over more than a decade the PGI has developed and refined the Offers and Needs Market. Donnie Macluran was joined by Crystal Arnold five years ago, and their team has since grown to include ten people in six countries.
In 2020, the PGI began a training and certification program for facilitators.
What platform and Internet connection do I need?
How much time do I need to complete the course?
You will have lifetime access to the course. We estimate the total time to complete will be 18 hours. This includes 8 hours of video training, 8 hours of live coaching sessions, a 2-hour OANM with your cohort, and a workbook.